I posted this on my instagram, but I feel it belongs here as well.
new year’s honesty post: I may talk a big talk about positivity and self love and all that stuff, but in actual fact I’m fucking awful at it. I’ve been struggling, hard. I’ve been beating myself up about all my failures, and forgetting how far I’ve come in this past year. but really? life doesn’t just hand you wonderful things, and if recovery were easy people wouldn’t struggle for years with eating disorders. with everything, you’ve got to fight for what you want in life, and accept that you’re gonna mess up once in a while. you don’t have to be perfect, no one is. just do the best you can. so, here’s to starting 2016 with a better attitude and a lil self compassion. 💕 happy new years bys, don’t forget to be nice to and love yo’self this year
To add to that, I’m setting a few goals for 2016:
- be healthy enough to train for and run the Tely10 Roadrace with mom in July
- be more social, by which I mean seeing friends and leaving the house at least once a week
- travel, somewhere, anywhere, at least once this year
- be solid enough in recovery by December 2016 that I don’t need monthly checkups
- have some kind of plans/be thinking about moving out in 2017 ?
I’m not so good at goals, but I need something to work towards; I’ve begun to feel useless and totally unmotivated lately. I think I can handle those things. Hereby giving myself a kick in the ass to step my game up, I’m going to make 2016 goooood.